Author Archives: madmatmax

123D Catch of MB5 Fairing

  I used 123d Catch to capture this fairing. I need to go back through and take pictures with soft even lighting so I don’t have to edit the 3d model as much.  

123D Catch of MB5 Fairing

  I used 123d Catch to capture this fairing. I need to go back through and take pictures with soft even lighting so I don’t have to edit the 3d model as much.  

1978 Rigid Puch Free Spirit

This is a 1978 Rigid Puch Free Spirit that I have been working on for too long. A previous owner had the shocks welded in with what looks like tubes off of a dolly. I cut off the seat post

1978 Rigid Puch Free Spirit

This is a 1978 Rigid Puch Free Spirit that I have been working on for too long. A previous owner had the shocks welded in with what looks like tubes off of a dolly. I cut off the seat post

Raspberry Pi Case

My cousin needed a Case for a Raspberry Pi Case, so I printed him this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:30572 Glow in the dark ABS was used, it works out fairly well.

Raspberry Pi Case

My cousin needed a Case for a Raspberry Pi Case, so I printed him this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:30572 Glow in the dark ABS was used, it works out fairly well.

3d Printed Puch E50 Water Cooled Head

I drew up a Water Cooled Puch E50 head in 123d Design. I printed it out with a 3d printer with low infill. This will allow it to be flask casted with aluminum. The holes were slightly smaller so that

3d Printed Puch E50 Water Cooled Head

I drew up a Water Cooled Puch E50 head in 123d Design. I printed it out with a 3d printer with low infill. This will allow it to be flask casted with aluminum. The holes were slightly smaller so that

/ Work

Hanging a 55 Kip (55,000lb) Hydraulic Actuator

  This is a test setup that we helped put together in the new MMSEC building at KU. It will fatigue the test specimen when loaded. We hung the cylinder and I section with chain hoists with straps going across

/ Work

Hanging a 55 Kip (55,000lb) Hydraulic Actuator

  This is a test setup that we helped put together in the new MMSEC building at KU. It will fatigue the test specimen when loaded. We hung the cylinder and I section with chain hoists with straps going across

/ Work

Lockable Compartments for Equipment Storage

These compartments were made using existing cabinets. Each part was sectioned off to itself using Masonite and strips of 1” by 1” wood. I just put hasps on all of the sections after that and added padlocks to it so

/ Work

Lockable Compartments for Equipment Storage

These compartments were made using existing cabinets. Each part was sectioned off to itself using Masonite and strips of 1” by 1” wood. I just put hasps on all of the sections after that and added padlocks to it so

2004 Derbi GPR 50

I bought a new project bike. It came from a police auction. It looked like someone tried to remove the motor with a hack saw. I went through and welded all of the cuts in the frame. I plan on

2004 Derbi GPR 50

I bought a new project bike. It came from a police auction. It looked like someone tried to remove the motor with a hack saw. I went through and welded all of the cuts in the frame. I plan on

/ Work

Concrete Mold

Here is a concrete mold that I designed and put together. The dimensions had to be rigid, and very precise to meet standards. We were short on time and these molds had to be made quickly. I cut out all

/ Work

Concrete Mold

Here is a concrete mold that I designed and put together. The dimensions had to be rigid, and very precise to meet standards. We were short on time and these molds had to be made quickly. I cut out all

/ Work

Self Reacting Large Scale Loading Frame, 100 kip (100,000 lbs) capacity.

Here is a full scale railroad testing frame that I helped put together. The hole pattern was decided and each column had to be drilled out with a magnetic drill. This took a lot of time to do. A plate

/ Work

Self Reacting Large Scale Loading Frame, 100 kip (100,000 lbs) capacity.

Here is a full scale railroad testing frame that I helped put together. The hole pattern was decided and each column had to be drilled out with a magnetic drill. This took a lot of time to do. A plate

Nerf Maverick Rev-6 Mods

There are plenty of instructables out there for doing these mods. I did this a while back with a dremel tool and a drill and drill bits a while back. I didn’t feel too worried about modifying one as it

Nerf Maverick Rev-6 Mods

There are plenty of instructables out there for doing these mods. I did this a while back with a dremel tool and a drill and drill bits a while back. I didn’t feel too worried about modifying one as it